The use of Essential Oils (EOs) is increasing in popularity. I tend to believe that this is due to the desire we have to feel good NATURALLY. I can’t think of a single person I know who enjoys taking medicine!
Ever since I was introduced to EOs almost two years ago, I can honestly say that my life looks totally different and there is absolutely no turning back. These oils have been life changing for my family and me.
There’s a lot to know and learn about EOs, and it can be a bit overwhelming if you try to tackle it all at once. Throughout this journey, I’ve found myself doing a ton of research–from the origin of EOs to the systems that our bodies are made of, and how all of this works together. The more I learn, the more my home changes for the better. And the more I learn, the stronger my desire is to share what I’ve learned with others.
Here are some basics:
- What are Essential Oils and where do they come from? EOs come from the most powerful part of a plant including flowers, shrubs, trees, fruit, rinds, roots, and more.
- How am I supposed to use them? You DIT. Huh? Yep, that’s what I said, D.I.T. – Diffuse, Ingest, Topical.
- Not all oils are created equal. I do not recommend ingesting any EOs until you’ve done the research to ensure the oils you’ve chosen are safe for internal use.
- Do they work? Heck yeah they work!! There are 300 oils on the earth that can literally provide support for every system in the body. But here’s the key–you have to make sure you’re using the real deal. Expensive doesn’t necessarily mean “better.” It’s estimated that about 95% of essential oils companies use synthetics and chemical fillers or purchase from essential oils “experts” who alter the oils from their natural state. **Grade A is the ONLY TRUE PURE OIL. ** (these are the only oils I trust, guaranteed Grade A essential oils).
- Are they safe? They are and I encourage you to do your research to find out what works best for you. I am a firm believer that God gave us everything we need right here, on this earth to support these amazing bodies He created. We need to use what He has provided and allow our bodies to do what they were created to do which is HEAL ITSELF!
- EOs and babies/children – You should never use essential oils on a baby or child without diluting it first, and always use caution when using oils on children of any age. Remember, the younger they are, the more sensitive their skin is.
So are you wondering where to start? With 300 oils on the earth, you only need 10-20 to create a good kit, and you don’t have to be an aromatherapist to use them! Stayed tuned for my next post where I will give you the best oils to start your essential oils journey! Can’t wait that long? Contact me here.
Disclaimer (because I have to have one): I’m not a doctor, and this is not medical advice. This information is not meant to diagnose, treat, or cure disease. Always consult with your physician prior to make significant changes. I am simply an Essential Oils Enthusiast who wants the world to know that this oily life rocks!!
About the blogger:
Carlyce John is an Essential Oils educator for Young Living. She loves sharing information on how essential oils, along with other holistic practices, can help you attain and maintain wellness of body, mind and spirit. She truly has a passion for living a chemical free, holistic lifestyle.
She is a wife and a mother of three. In her spare time she also serves as a Mentor and Club Leader (Slavic Village) for Young Lives-Cleveland Chapter where she mentors teenage moms and their children, leading them toward the love of Christ.