There are countless cleaning products on the market. On the surface, it might seem like these products are doing their job and even though some of them are good, there are several issues these products pose to make you reconsider your options. If you take a closer look, you will soon discover that the chemicals present in your cleaning products are hazardous to your health. You would be hard-pressed to find any store-bought cleaning product that does not cause any direct or indirect damage.
Many cleaning products play a role in creating hormonal imbalances, destroying fertility, and numerous other debilitating factors. Several studies indicate that some cleaning products can cause partial blindness and irreparable skin damage down the line. Therefore, it would be wise to steer clear and replace them with good old homemade cleaning products.
If you have the slightest concern for your health, which you obviously do, do yourself a favor and make the switch. You will live a longer, happier, and more importantly, a healthier life because of it. Not to mention, it’s good for the environment.
Additionally, there are numerous advantages to making cleaning products at home. First of all, they are much safer and last longer than store-bought cleaning products. They are also inexpensive and simple to make and can meet almost any household need with just a few cheap ingredients.
Now there are some store-bought cleaning products that are safe for use; however, in the grand scheme of things, it would be wise to make a habit of using homemade cleaning products.
Here are recipes for the most commonly used cleaning products.
- ½ cup of distilled white vinegar
- ½ cup of purified water
- 20-40 drops of any essential oil
- Mix in a spray bottle and it’s ready to use
- Take eight cups of clean water
- Two cups of any natural liquid soap of your choice
- Boil consistently on the stove while stirring it after a few intervals
- Once well mixed, remove from heat and let mixture cool in a dry place
- Add four teaspoons of any essential oil of your choice and it’s ready to use
- Add a few drops of any essential oil and castile soap inside a mop bucket
- Fill the rest of the mop bucket with water and half a bottle of vinegar
- It’s ready to use
Homemade cleaning products are safe and easy to use. They shield your body from long-term damage and are lighter on the pocket. Once you get use to making them at home, you will soon discover that they are just as effective as store-bought cleaning products, if not better.