Crumble bakes are a great dessert for any season but I especially enjoy them in late summer. Not to mention, strawberries are in season in summer so they are sweet perfection. If you’re a strawberry lover, like myself, give this delectable recipe a try and let me know if you like it or LOVE it!
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 30 minutes | Total Time: 1 hour 45 minutes | Servings: 24 servings
Crust and Crumble:
- 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups of quick cooking oats
- 1 1/2 cups of cane sugar
- 3/4 cup of cold vegan butter
- 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp of baking soda
- 2 cups of halved strawberries
- 2 tbsp of cornstarch
- 2 tbsp of lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease a medium-sized glass baking dish.
- Combine flour, oats, one cup of cane sugar, cinnamon, and baking soda in a bowl.
- Slowly cut butter into flour mixture until crumbs form. Set aside two cups of crumbs.
- Press remaining crumbs into the baking dish and form crust.
- In a pan, bring strawberries, remaining half a cup of sugar, cornstarch, and lemon juice to a boil.
- Stir for two minutes until mixture thickens.
- Spread strawberry mixture over crust.
- Sprinkle the remaining crumbs on top.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until topping is brown.
- Let cool and enjoy!