I’d never been a big soup eater until I learned how to make my own. This Split Pea and Kale recipe is the first soup I ever made and I love it because it’s tasty and easy to make. Since it’s Winter, it’s the perfect time to share a hearty recipe like this one. I hope you enjoy!
Split Pea and Kale Soup
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 6 hours | Servings: 5
- 5 ribs celery
- 2 carrots (or a handful of pre-cut carrots)
- 1/2 large yellow onion
- 2 tablespoons of minced garlic
- 7 cups of water
- 4 vegetable bouillon cubes
- 1 pound of rinsed split peas
- 2 handfuls of kale
- 1 dry or fresh bay leaf (optional)
- Dice celery, carrots, and onion in a food processor or by hand.
- Combine all ingredients in a large crockpot
- Turn crockpot setting to six hours but depending on your crockpot, the soup will probably be ready in five hours so set your phone timer as well.
- Stir once every hour or so.
- The split peas will be soft once ready.
- Remove bay leaf.
- Cool and serve.
See how simple it is on YouTube!