I’ll be honest, I’m not the biggest fan of many oat recipes. This includes oatmeal, overnight oats, and a few others (but it does not include my super delish Apple Crisp). Anyways, my friend was talking about how good her oatmeal bake was so I asked for the recipe. Trusting her recommendation, I decided to try it and I am hooked!
I made Baked Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins that are perfect for breakfast or as an afternoon/evening treat with a dollop of whipped cream. Here’s the recipe.
Baked Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins
Prep Time: 5 minutes | Cook Time: 35 minutes | Total Time: 40 minutes | Servings: 12 servings
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 3/4 cups of nondairy milk
- 1 1/2 cups of frozen or fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup of any nut butter
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp coarse salt
- Optional: 2 tbsp of whipped cream
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF and coat a muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix milk, nut butter, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and salt.
- Add the oats and combine.
- With an ice cream scoop, transfer evenly into the muffin tin.
- Top each with blueberries.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until set in the middle and beginning to brown around the edges.
- Serve warm (and with whipped cream).