Y’all! I love chocolate covered sweets, especially fruit. I’m a huge fan of Edible Arrangements, however, this quarantine has me scared to eat out. In my quest to be more creative with sweet treats, I tried chocolate-covered frozen bananas, and they are amazing.
I found the chocolate chips at a health food store. The Simple Truth Organic brand semi-sweet chocolate chips are allergy-friendly, non-GMO, vegan, contain no preservatives, are dairy, soy, and nut-free, and are USDA certified organic. I added coconut oil to thin out the chocolate for better dipping and to ensure it maintained a solid consistency. Then I topped with crushed walnuts. Here’s the recipe.
Chocolate-Covered Frozen Bananas with Nuts
Prep Time: 30 minutes | Total Time: 60 minutes | Servings: 4 (3 per person)
- 2 Bananas
- 10 oz bag of Vegan Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (I used Simple Truth Organic)
- 1 TBSP of coconut oil
- Your choice of crushed nuts
- 12 Toothpicks
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Peel bananas and cut in 1-inch-thick slices.
- Insert a toothpick into each slice and place it on the baking sheet. Freeze for 30 minutes.
- In a medium microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips and coconut oil for 30 seconds. Stir well and continue to microwave in 15-second increments, stirring in between, until chocolate melts completely.
- Remove bananas from the freezer. Dip each in melted chocolate, then return to the baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with crushed nuts.
- Let stand until chocolate is firm. If not serving immediately, return bananas to the freezer.