The benefits of kale are endless. This cruciferous super vegetable helps fight cancer, detoxifies, fights inflammation, improves eye health, is rich in antioxidants, and is excellent for heart health. Kale is perfect in a soup or salad, sautéed, or even as chips.
Yes, kale chips! When made right, kale chips are delicious and nutritious. If you like traditional potato chips, these are an irresistible replacement. All you have to do is wash, remove the stems, and cut/tear the kale into pieces, season, bake, and voila–magic. Here’s the recipe.
Cheesy Kale Chips
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch curly kale, torn
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 200° F.
- Drizzle olive oil over the kale in a large bowl and sprinkle with the nutritional yeast and salt. Stir with your hands to coat the kale.
- Spread kale onto baking sheets.
- Bake in a preheated oven until kale begins to get slightly crisp; rotate racks and flip the chips, and continue baking until completely crisp, 45 to 60 minutes total. Make sure to monitor closely and remove pieces as they become ready.