I love hot chocolate, especially on cold days. It’s one of my favorite beverages to enjoy during the winter…heck, I even love drinking it in the summer–it’s so good. One thing I have been working on is learning how to make the dishes I eat the most and this includes beverages. Of course, this means I perfected hot chocolate, duh!
I like making food and drinks at home because I can consume them any time I want. What’s more, is I can control what’s in them which is extremely important because most items we consume while we’re out and about are packed full of preservatives. Not to mention, this is a fun recipe to try with little ones. So, without further ado, here’s my dairy-free hot chocolate recipe.
Dairy-free Hot Chocolate
Prep Time: -5 minutes | Cook Time: 5 minutes | Total Time: -10 minutes | Servings: 1
- 1 cup unsweetened oat milk (or nondairy milk of your choice)
- 1 1/2 tbsp dairy-free semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp raw sugar or 1/2 packet powdered stevia
- Coconut whipped cream
- Pour nondairy milk to a large mug and microwave for one minute.
- Once the milk is warm, add the chocolate chips, cocoa powder, and sugar/stevia.
- Combine thoroughly leaving no clumps.
- Put mug back in the microwave for another minute or until hot chocolate is warm.
- Taste and adjust sweetness as needed.
- Top with a dollop of coconut whipped cream.
This can also be made on the stove in a saucepan over medium heat.
Give it a try and let me know how you like it 🙂