My husband and I are currently detoxing with a raw plant-based diet. We’re spring cleaning our diets with fresh fruits and vegetables, and it feels amazing! It’s always good to give your digestive system a rest from cooked and/or processed foods.
Of course, this raw diet requires lots of research to find recipes that taste great. And it’s definitely a process because every recipe win is followed by two recipe fails. Rest assured, every win will be shared here for you to enjoy! If you’re looking for a simple and extremely tasty dinner option, try this Avocado Garlic Sauce with Zoodles (zucchini noodles).
Avocado Garlic Sauce with Zoodles
Prep Time: 2 minutes | Cook Time: 8 minutes | Servings: 1
- 1 ripe and pitted avocado
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (about 1/2 a lemon)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of dried basil
- A dash of salt and pepper
- Optional: Red onions, green pepper, grape tomatoes
- Spiral zucchini into noodles and place half in a bowl.
- Cut onions and peppers, and place in the zucchini bowl with the tomatoes. Set aside.
- In a food processor, add all ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Scoop out the sauce and massage on to the veggies. Mix well.