*UPDATED 3/25/2020 with the World Health Organization Hand Sanitizer Formula.
As COVID-19 continues to impact people globally, WHO has provided hand sanitizer guidance. Here’s the recipe:
WHO Hand Sanitizer Formula
Prep Time: 5 minutes | Mixing Time: 30-45 seconds | Servings: 2 oz.
- 1 cup 99% Isopropyl alcohol OR 1 cup plus 4 teaspoons 91% Isopropyl alcohol
- 1 tablespoon hydrogen peroxide
- 1 teaspoon glycerin
- Distilled water
- Mix all ingredients, except water, in a 2-cup measuring glass.
- Then add water until the mixture hits the 1 1/3 cups line. Mix well.
- Add to a squeeze bottle(s) and shake well.
One word: Triclosan…watch this video to find out more and get my hand sanitizer recipe!