Every time I think I create a short list of favorite essential oils, I’m never successful. And the more I research, the more I invest in new ones which leads to never being able to create a “short list.”
Recently I was given a great idea from my sister. She knows how much research I’ve been doing about the systems of the body and how essential oils can support each system, so she suggested that I list my favorites according to the systems they support. She’s so smart and resourceful!
So here are my favorite essential oils according to the systems they support and the reason why I love them!
- Thieves – I don’t ever want to know life without Thieves again. Thieves is a blend of Cinnamon Bark, Rosemary, Eucalyptus, Lemon, and Clove. Thieves has a 99.96% success rate for killing bacteria. Need I say more?
- Frankincense – My everything oil! I originally started using it for emotional support. However, I recently realized the benefits it has on the immune system, and it has become a part of my family’s nightly routine. We apply it to the bottom of our feet every night.
- Rosemary – One of the key ingredients in Thieves EO because of its anti-bacterial purposes. I also LOVE the fresh, clean aroma it produces when combined with Lavender and Lemon.
- R.C. (Respiratory Congestion) – This oil has been life changing for my family for respiratory support. It provides relief from colds, coughs, congestion, and more, which is vital for respiratory issues, such as asthma. Keep your diffuser close by with this oil for optimal benefits.
- Eucalyptus – I’ve been using this the same as I’ve been using R.C., but I’ve taken it one step further by adding it to detox baths the moment cold symptoms try to surface. There is no place for that nonsense in my house and Eucalyptus knocks the symptoms right out.
- Clary Sage – so as much as I hate to admit it, my body is “changing” and Night Sweats come every so often to remind me of that. A drop of Clary Sage on my big toe and a couple drops in my diffuser at night have allowed me to see significant improvements.
- Endoflex – amplifies metabolism and creates hormonal balance. Not too many women aren’t looking for that…Yes, please!
- Elemi – also known as “poor man’s Frank” because it is a part of the same family as Frankincense and Myrrh, but less expensive. I use this to support breast health by applying two drops to each breast after my shower and to support the appearance of healthy skin.
- Frankincense (again) – perfect for maintaining radiant skin!
Well ladies, there you have it. I must say, creating this list was a bit of a struggle. It’s hard to only name a select few when there are so many oils with amazing benefits. Thankfully, I will keep you up-to-date in future posts as I add more to my list.
What to learn more? Check out my essential oils of choice here.
About the blogger:
Carlyce John is an Essential Oils educator for Young Living. She loves sharing information on how essential oils, along with other holistic practices, can help you attain and maintain wellness of body, mind and spirit. She truly has a passion for living a chemical free, holistic lifestyle.
She is a wife and a mother of three. In her spare time she also serves as a Mentor and Club Leader (Slavic Village) for Young Lives-Cleveland Chapter where she mentors teenage moms and their children, leading them toward the love of Christ.