Pumpkin spice and everything nice. There are so many things to love about Fall. We adore hayrides, corn mazes, pumpkin lattes, apple spice muffins, and more. Fall is also the perfect time to incorporate in-season fruits, vegetables, herbs, and spices into your beauty and body care routine. These harvest-inspired products will affirm your love for Fall.
Oranges and Ginger
Oranges: We know that oranges are a great source of Vitamin C, but this citrus fruit also helps restore collagen and prevent early aging of the skin. The best part is orange season starts in November!
Ginger: This pungent perennial herb is great in dishes, but even better for your skin. Similar to oranges, ginger also protects against aging. Additionally, it soothes burns, is great for hyperpigmentation, and tones skin.
Try this for your lips!
Dr. Bronner’s Orange Ginger Organic Lip Balm
- This lip balm provides a protective barrier from the elements with no synthetic ingredients and provides extra moisture! It’s certified organic.
This antioxidant-rich fruit is great for the skin. Pomegranate is anti-inflammatory, tightens pores, and reduces excessive sweating, as well as odor.
Try this soothing deodorant.
Weleda Pomegranate 24h Roll-On Deodorant
- A fresh & fruity daily essential that gently combats odor. This deodorant contains no aluminum salts or synthetic preservatives, fragrances, and colorants.
Pumpkin is great for oily or dry skin. It’s rich in Vitamin C, beta-carotene, and is a powerful antioxidant, which improves skin texture (as well as elasticity and skin tone), and helps reverse UV damage. It’s also great for fading dark spots.
What’s more is Pumpkin, combined with other fall favorites such as cinnamon and nutmeg, make a great body scrub. Here’s a harvest-inspired Pumpkin Body Scrub that will exfoliate, nourish, and condition your skin.
- 1 cup coconut oil
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup canned pumpkin
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 4 to 5 4 oz. airtight jars
- In a bowl, combine coconut oil, brown sugar, canned pumpkin, cinnamon and nutmeg and mix well.
- Scoop the scrub into your jars.
* Body scrub will last for about 2-3 months in an airtight container.
Pumpkin, Pears and Figs
Pumpkin: As great as pumpkin is for skin, it’s also great for hair and is a good source of potassium and zinc. This squash plant helps hair regrow and improves blood circulation.
Pears: If you want to control dryness, try incorporating pears (which are full of Vitamin C) into your conditioning regimen.
Figs: Full of magnesium, vitamin C, E, and more, figs increase blood circulation and hair growth. And they are great for detangling and treating grey hair.
Try this shampoo and conditioner!
ACURE Mega Moisture – Argan Oil & Pumpkin Shampoo
- An intense hydration formula for dry, damaged or curly hair in need of some love. This shampoo is 100% vegan, as well as paraben, sulfate, mineral oil, petrolatum, formaldehyde, and cruelty-free.
ACURE Body Beautiful – Pear & Fig Conditioner
- This conditioner revives hair giving it a silky shine. Like the ACURE Shampoo, it’s also 100% vegan, as well as paraben, sulfate, mineral oil, petrolatum, formaldehyde, and cruelty-free.
This blog is also featured on blog.heinens.com!