Many of us grew up using store-bought vapor rub to fight common cold symptoms. The effects were immediate, and it helped us have a better night’s sleep. If you are looking to fight colds, sniffles, congestion, and coughs, a homemade vapor rub is a great option.
This recipe is non-drowsy and safe for children six years old and older who do not have a history of respiratory issues.
Homemade Vapor Rub
- 3 tablespoons of Coconut Oil
- 2 tablespoons of Shea Butter
- 1 tablespoon of Beeswax
- 10 drops of Eucalyptus Essential Oil
- 10 drops of Peppermint Essential Oil
- 5 drops of Lavender Essential Oil
- Melt the Coconut Oil, Shea Butter, and Beeswax in a Double Boiler until the mixture is a liquid
- Remove from heat and let cool for five minutes.
- Add in Essential Oils and stir until well blended
- Pour into containers or jars.
- Let cool for at least 2 hours or more.