I love chili and crave its deliciousness year-round. I normally go for a traditional red, thick and hearty sauce with kidney beans. Chili is so tasty and can easily be made meatless or with a meat substitute.
My friend recently texted me asking about a white chicken chili recipe from a few years ago which ignited my taste buds for the savory dish. I just needed to make it vegan. The obvious choice would be to use a vegan grilled chicken, but I am not a fan of ANY brand I’ve ever tried so I decided to use jackfruit.
Jackfruit has become a popular and healthy meatless option that has a meat-like texture. What’s more, is jackfruit is low in sodium and calories making it the perfect choice. I also added meatless crumbles for some additional texture and heartiness. I hope you enjoy!
Jackfruit Chili with Beefless Crumbles
Prep Time: 5 minutes | Cook Time: 4 hours | Total Time: 4 hours + 5 minutes | Servings: 6 servings
- 4 cups of vegetable broth
- 16-ounce bottle of salsa verde
- 12 ounces of beefless crumbles (I used Trader Joe’s meatless ground beef)
- 9 ounces of Jackfruit (I used The Jackfruit Company’s Lightly Seasoned Jackfruit)
- 1 can of Great Northern beans, drained
- 1 can of red kidney beans, drained
- 2 tsp ground cumin or chili powder (whichever you prefer)
- Avocado chunks, fried onions, or whatever else you like on chili!
- Add all ingredients, minus the avocado, to a crockpot.
- Set for four hours, but maybe ready sooner.
- Once ready, add avocado slices to individual bowls