Many of us are on Stay-At-Home orders, but that doesn’t mean we have tons of time to prepare daily meals and snacks. For me, everything is business as usual just without the commute time, so quick and easy meals are still a necessity.
When it comes to breakfast, I’m a fan of grab and go. Nothing heavy, just something light to get my day going. As I was looking for the perfect, preservative-free solution, I settled on no-bake energy balls. Why? Because they are easy to make and the bomb! Similar to my raw peanut butter cookies, the energy balls are mixed, refrigerated, and ready to eat. Check out the recipe below.
No-Bake Energy Balls
Prep Time: 5 minutes | Total Time: 35 minutes | Servings: about 12 depending on size
- 1 cup of old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup of nut butter (I used unsweetened peanut butter)
- 1/2 cup of ground flax seed
- 1/2 cup of chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup of maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Cover and chill the mixture in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the refrigerator and roll into balls.
- Enjoy immediately or store in the refrigerator.