No one wants to have smelly feet or smell someone else’s, but this is the reality for many people who wear shoes that don’t have good air circulation. As we approach closed-toe shoe season, eliminating foot odor is a must.
Bacteria grow in damp, warm places, like in between your toes! The bacteria stick to feet and shoes, causing an unpleasant odor or worse, can lead to Athlete’s Foot. If you or someone you know suffers from smelly feet, do them a favor and make this foot powder to provide cool, odor-eliminated relief to smelly feet.
Cooling Foot Powder
– 6 tablespoons of Arrowroot Powder or Corn Starch
– 3 tablespoons of Baking Soda
– 13 drops of Peppermint essential oil
– 8 drops of Tea Tree essential oil
– 8 drops of Eucalyptus essential oil
1. In a bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well with a fork
2. Transfer powder to a small container or unused salt or pepper shaker, and store with a tight seal
3. Use to eliminate foot odor before it starts or at the end of the day.
A few other ways to help reduce foot odor include:
- Wearing clean cotton socks
- Washing and scrubbing feet daily with a mild soap
- Removing hardened dead skin
- Give your shoes time to air out