Why it’s important to prepare for 2018 now!

2018 Is Right Around The Corner
Photo Credit: CreateHER Stock

It’s December 1st and we are just a month away from 2018! I’m sure many of us are already preparing our New Year’s Resolutions. That’s cool and all but ask yourself, how many times have you made instant changes without preparation? Yes, my success rate is low as well…Let’s change that.

Real change starts with a mindset shift so don’t wait until January 1st to make the changes you want to see today. If your goal to lose weight, start planning out your exercise regime. Test out different meal plans to determine which is best for you. If you want to start a blog, create an editorial calendar to stay on schedule with your content. If your goal is to cut negative people from your life, well…you can do that at any point but what I am trying to say is change starts now.

[bctt tweet=”Real change starts with a mindset shift so don’t wait until January 1 to make the changes you want to see today.” via=”no”]

Statistics show that about 8% of people actually achieve their New Year’s Resolutions.  If you are part of the other 92%, then let’s make the needed changes today.

So how are we going to achieve these goals? By making them tangible and realistic. This means paying off $50,000 in debt may not be possible. Aim to pay off $10,000 instead. Making goals that require discipline but are achievable is key.

Some common goals are to lose weight, quit drinking, enjoy more life, get out of debt, learn a new craft, and give or volunteer more. One of my goals is to be consistent with my workouts and I’ve already started the process. What’s one of yours?

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

eleven − 11 =