Over the last month, I’ve enjoyed many recipes without turning on my stove. I feel good, have more energy, and have shed a few pounds. YES!
So tell me, why do you buy items at the store that you can make at home? Oh okay. It’s convenient. It’s easy. It saves time. All true but hear me out…have you ever looked at the ingredients on store-bought tomato sauce? For most, you’ll find high fructose corn syrup, sugar, preservatives, and additives. No thank you–that’s a hard pass for me!
If you’re like me, try this fresh and raw tomato sauce today and let me know your thoughts!
Prep Time: 5 minutes | Total Time: 5 minutes | Servings: 2
- 1/2 cup fresh tomato
- 1/2 cup sundried tomatoes (chopped and pre-soaked in olive oil)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil (or dried oregano)
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Add all ingredients in a food processor and mix thoroughly.
- Leave just a little chunkiness.
- Serve or for increased flavor, refrigerate overnight.