Coconut oil has many health benefits. Although I don’t care for it in food, I do love it for body, hair and dental care. Yes, dental care! Coconut oil, when swished around your mouth, removes harmful bacteria and plaque from your gums. This is called pulling. Not to mention, that as it cleans your mouth coconut oil pulling also freshens your breath, especially because I add Peppermint oil to mine.
Another benefit is Coconut oil has anti-microbial agents, thanks to its lauric acid and if your gums are receding, less food will get caught in deep crevices. Coconut oil pulling is not only good for your mouth it’s good for your overall health!
My friend Carlyce told me about it a few years ago and I’ve been doing it ever since. Here’s a Coconut Oil Pulling Melts recipe that’s easy to make and even easier to use. Try this simple recipe today!
Coconut Oil Pulling Melts with Peppermint Oil
Prep Time: 5 minutes | Cook Time: 20 minutes | Servings: 12
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil
- 10-15 drops of Peppermint oil
- Mini ice cube tray
*Note: If using regular size ice cube tray, you will have to cut the cubes in half
- Melt coconut oil in the microwave for 30-45 seconds
- Add drops of Peppermint oil
- Pour in ice cube tray
- Freeze for 20 minutes
- Remove cubes from tray and store in a sealable container in your refrigerator or another cool location
- Place one cube in your mouth, swish for 20 minutes, then spit oil into garbage.
- Try to do the pulling for 20 minutes if possible, but no less than five minutes.
- Coconut oil pulling removes bacteria so do not swallow.
- Always spit Coconut oil into garbage as it can clog drains.